Most organizations based in the U.S. understand the legal exposures they face here at home.
When businesses venture to other countries, however, they can encounter a myriad of unfamiliar laws, languages and customs. Make international commercial general liability coverage the first line of defense against costly legal actions arising from events occurring outside our nation’s borders.
When should your company purchase foreign liability insurance?
- When your company manufactures and distributes products outside of the U.S. Foreign liability insurance will protect your company in the event an employee faces foreign lawsuit or injury. It will protect assets that may become seized, allow for the continuation of future foreign business, and may allow foreign judgments to be satisfied in the U.S.
- When your company rents offices or runs meetings, demonstrations or trade shows in foreign companies. Purchasing foreign liability insurance protects for damages or injuries arising from such operations.
- When any of your employees temporarily work in foreign territory and face injury or death, need immediate medical attention, or request emergency evacuation.
- When employees, in a foreign country, need emergency travel services in the case of language barriers or political, medical or legal problems.
- When your company employee uses a vehicle outside the U.S.
- When employees face kidnap and extortion potential.
Just a few characteristics of businesses that may need global insurance:
- Have employees who travel outside the U.S.
- Export goods or services
- Have property outside the U.S./Canada, including at foreign trade shows
- Own or lease vehicles outside the U.S./Canada
- Outsource work to subcontractors who are domiciled outside the U.S./Canada
- Own or operate locations, such as sales offices or call centers, outside the U.S./Canada
- Station U.S. workers at foreign offices and/or employ third-country or local nationals
Just one check mark could signal a need for global insurance!
Contact one of our foreign liability insurance specialists today for more information and a free quote.